Monday, October 22, 2007

Davao Local Church

I have been in Davao for almost fifteen years. Throughout those years I have attended several pre-baptism seminars run by either parochial vicars or parish catechists. As I have observed, attendees and would-be-godparents like myself are turned off by the way these seminars are conducted. These speakers think as if people who are attending are either dumb Catholics or simply dumb Christians.

The seminars become venue of "pangasaba" of self-righteous speakers (I have been to Redemptorist Church, Fatima Parish, Sta. Ana Parish, Obrero Parish). Where is the so called BEC spirit which is supposed to be the strength of the local Church of Davao? Is this the usual way parishioners are treated by their parish?

I think the local church of Davao needs to re-examine itself on how it runs these seminars, and parishioner formation program.

No comments: