Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Virus Alert

A virus recently peppered my multiply account while I am out of the office.... imagine, I am in Ateneo de Naga right now and I just discovered a few minutes before that a supposedly private mail was sent by the virus to the mail addresses in my address book. What the ....

Haha, so much about my paranoia of net viruses. I discovered a loophole in my blog sites: cross-posting by mail. The concept is: I can post an article to my blogs from anywhere (through phone, or laptop) by just sending an e-mail to a specific address.

Now, a virus intercepts my mail (which is supposed to be private) and send it to the specific address -- voila! MY MAIL IS POSTED IN ALL MY BLOG SITES! Katangahan ko, sorry if you have received the mail, it was intended to a specific person whom I was asking permission to post a specific photograph in my site.

My apologies to you, and to the specific person to whom the e-mail was supposed to be sent.


No comments: