Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Door and Bridges (1992 San Jose)

DOORS AND BRIDGES

Walking along the corridors of life
Across empty halls and painted walls of white
Beneath the moon and stars,
Amidst the shadows there
You find a door that leads to the who knows where.
Through hills and mountains, oceans, seas and streams,
Crossing wooden bridges endless though they seem,
Aimlessly you journey, looking beyond the sky so wide,
You wonder what is on the other side.

I guess life is just like that:
It’s opening doors and crossing bridges,
It’s trying to make our every dream come true,
It’s meeting people saying hi
And in the end we say good-bye
It’s you finding me and I finding you.

We’ve opened so many doors together,
We’ve crossed a thousand bridges side by side
But after all the doors and bridges
Finding what’s on the other end
I think the best thing that I found is a friend.

And now we stand before another door
But it’s not like any door we’ve come across before
`Cause I know you’ll have to go alone
And I’ll have to stay behind here on my own.

Maybe someday our paths will cross again
Among life’s many doors and bridges, who knows
I just hope that when they do
When you find me and I find you
You will remember me `cause
I ‘ll remember you.